100-Mile ENTER THE DRAGON (Draper, Butterfield, Rose & Eagle Mountain)
We’re going to do some serious dragon #StravaArt for this one. Bring some SPF 100 and, I don’t know…maybe nunchucks or a Hattori Hanzo sword?
INFO/RSVP @ Strava: https://www.strava.com/clubs/54930/group_events/185513
- 6:20 am @ Smiths, roll at 6:30 am
We’ll work to keep the group together, or evolve into two groups as needed.
- Easier warm-up to start of Draper segment
- Full gas on ToL #6 - Draper Temple Loop https://www.strava.com/segments/2216778
- Group tempo pace on all the flats
- Climbs on Butterfield Canyon and Rose Canyon at whatever pace works (i.e. you could let the group know if you don’t expect to summit, then do your best and rejoin the group on the descent)
- STRAVA: https://www.strava.com/routes/9287913
- RIDE with GPS: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/22614301
- TCX FILE with turn-by-turn to load as course on Garmin: https://goo.gl/afYzuJ
- Join in or opt out at any point
For anyone trying to join or intercept tomorrow, I’m going to be trying out the “Glympse” location sharing app, which works for both iOS or Android devices.
If you would like this access in order to join us somewhere along the route, here’s what to do:
1. Text me right away to let me know @ 408-805-9287
2. Install and setup the free Glympse app on your device
3. When the ride starts tomorrow I’ll send you a location-sharing link via text, which will share our location for up to 4 hours.
4. Use the Glympse app to intercept and join.
– Mile 30 – Holiday Chevron, 5487 11830 S, Herriman https://goo.gl/maps/2UYqCaTXBi22
– Mile 51 – Holiday 6382 13400 S, Herriman https://goo.gl/maps/qwCXFuHs7hp
– Mile 87 – Holiday Chevron, 3476 Pony Express Pkwy, Eagle Mountain https://goo.gl/maps/zsXSjKKyFfK2
Mike Montrose, (408) 805-9287
Blake Atkinson, (435) 640-8716